Offering Period: January to June 2021
Enrollment Window: November 30 to Dec 11, 2020
As a benefits-eligible employee, you can now join, change or cancel your enrollment in the Pearson Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Enrollment for the next Offering Period, January to June 2021, will begin on Monday, November 30 and end on December 11, 2020.
The ESPP provides eligible employees with the opportunity to purchase Pearson stock at a 15% discount through after-tax payroll deductions. Here’s how it works:
- When you join the ESPP you elect to contribute a portion of your pay from January 2021 through June 2021. This is called the “Offering Period.”
- You can elect a fixed dollar amount with a minimum of $20 per month to a maximum of $1,000 per month over the course of the Offering Period. This amount is deducted monthly from the second pay period of the month
- On the last day of the Offering Period, the plan will purchase shares of Pearson stock at a 15% discount using the total amount you’ve contributed.
- Shares you buy are yours and are managed by Computershare Shareowner Services.
To act, please do the following beginning June 1:
- Visit EMPOWER Retirement’s website or call 1-844-465-4455
- Click the “Pearson plc Employee Stock Purchase Plan” link, then “Visit Website”, which will direct you to the Computershare homepage
- Click the “enroll, sell, view” button associated with “Employee Plan Stock” and agree to the terms and conditions that follow
- Do either a. or b.:
- Click on “Enroll” associated with the “December 2020 Purchase” or
- Select “Amend” or “Cancel” – associated with the “December 2020 Purchase” – to either change or stop your current election
- Validate your enrollment by clicking “Submit”
- Print the confirmation page for your records
You will not be able to cancel/withdraw from the current ESPP offering period after November 29. The current offering period ends on December 11, 2020.
When enrolling for the first time you may be prompted to complete either a Form W9 (for U.S. citizens) or Form W8-BEN (for non-U.S. citizens). This is for IRS tax certification purposes and failure to certify may result in required tax withholding.
To access your account or for more information, click here to visit EMPOWER’s website or call
Sources: American Cancer Society, Association for Behavioral Health & Wellness, Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids, Centers for Disease Control. World Health Organization, EMPOWER Retirement, Mayo Clinic, National Institute of Mental Health, Willis Towers Watson Wellbeing Ideas for Remote Employees